Overseas Mandarin camps/programs
Taiwan summer Camp
Spend 1 to 3 weeks studying with local Taiwanese students.
– Learn Reading and Writing in formal Mandarin Classes with Highly qualified Mandarin teachers trained by the school
– Learn about Speaking and Listening in during themed activities (explained below)
– Have lots of FUN during field trips, learn about Chinese culture and learn Mandarin colloquial terms to communicate with locals!
– RARE Mandarin Immersion Program organised at a Top Taiwan School, so they get to learn and have cultural exchange with local Taiwanese students.
– Program monitored and operated by Highly Qualified teachers and educators
Week (1) Dance and Sports;
Week (2) Technology; and
Week (3) Journalism.
Students will take Mandarin classes and activities in each of those themes, and have visits around the school area. We recommend students who have at least beginner proficiency in Mandarin.
China Institute’s Summer Study in China
A 4-week language and cultural immersion program for high school students in Beijing and Eastern China.
China Institute is a cultural non-profit founded in 1926 with the mission to help build awareness and understanding around all things China here in the US. We offer programming in education, culture & the arts, and business all toward that end and, part of the education arm of programming, includes our high school study trips to China.
We’ve been running programs like this for over 10 years, with demanding languages classes, cultural excursions and activities, and a local homestay component to help students see China with their own eyes and use what they’ve been learning in a very real way. I’ll leave a link to our website here as well as the blog we kept from last year’s SSC program.
Contact: Jason Thalacker (林旭) Program Coordinator for Summer Study in China & School Outreach: email@example.com